Florida What?!?!?

Since it was Saturday the TV was on and we were watching football. The current discussion was whether I would rather South Carolina or Florida win their game. Its a tough decision because I don't know if I dislike Florida only because of their former coach (Steve Spurrier) or if I dislike them on their own merits. This is key in this discussion because their former coach is now the coach at South Carolina. I think I may have used slightly stronger language than "dislike".

In the middle of dinner, Jonathan opens his mouth and emphatically declares, "Florida SUCKS!" That was when the conversation quickly stopped. It was a strange moment for me. Do I jump up and give him a high five and say. "Heck yeah they do!" Do I ask him if he thinks that Florida sucks because they beat Tennessee so bad this year? Do I take him aside and ask his opinion on LSU?

Nope, I tried to do the responsible thing. As his grandparents were stiffling laughter and his mom was sitting there wide-eyed, I carefully phrased my next question. I said, "What?" He said, "You know. Like, 'Oregon Beavers suck!'" (welcome to the PAC-10, by the way.) I asked where he heard that. School, of course.

I should probably talk to him about it all again. And I probably will. But I like his passion and negative feelings toward Florida, so I don't want to discourage him... too much.

And I think I dislike Steve Spurrier more than Florida.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Or like, the WA Cougs suck!!
P.S. I'll have you know that the Tanner/McCoy household watched some football on TV a week or so ago! Of course, it wasn't college football. But it was football nonetheless!

leigh ann said...

But secretly, don't you enjoy having Spurrier back in the SEC? It makes things so much more interesting. Personally, I find Tubberville much more sucky than Spurrier.

adam said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is