The Good and Bad of McDonalds of Coffee

I have trouble deciding if Starbucks has done more good than bad for coffee in the US. (If I phrase it like I actually know something about the coffee industry in the US, maybe it will lend validity to my poorly formed opinions. I definitely know less than nothing about the coffee industry outside of the US.)

It used to be that you could get a cup of coffee for a quarter or so. I know- you used to be able to get a gallon of gas for less than a dollar too.

So- here is the good- lots more people drink coffee.
Here is the bad- coffee costs too much now. Its Starbuck's fault. And their coffee tastes bad. Seriously- try a cup of their drip coffee- not yummy.

Dillanos on the other hand tastes delightful (very yummy). For you Washingtonians- go to BigFoot coffee next to the church- or, well, the church has delicious, wonderfully smooth Dillanos. MmmmMmmmmMmmmm. Freshly roasted, Freshly Ground, Freshly delicious.

7 comments:

Melissa Guay said...

I have to say Dillano's at church is good, Dillano's at BigFoot...no likey. However - Forza's....mmmmm, nummy. Just had a nice cup o'decaf this afternoon with some lovely Forza beans (at home of course)...in fact after the girls came in from playing in the snow, they enjoyed a cup as well!!! :))

Kimberly said...

I'm really sorry peeps but both BigFoot and Forza's coffee drinks are more expensive than Starbucks. I will concede though that Starbucks drip coffee does not in anyway perk up my taste buds. I haven't ever had Forza's coffee - drip style. And why oh why would you waste a cup of coffee on decaf???
P.S. Melissa, way to start their addiction at such a young age. At least they won't ever be able to say you never gave them anything!!! Hee, hee!!! ;}

breaking free said...

i'm not a coffee drinker but I've been told that Starbucks coffee tastes burned. This comes from many PA students in my class that need the coffee to stay awake so I would say they know what they are talking about!

Bakatari said...

Seth knows about burned coffee!.)

Bakatari said...

Starbucks Bluenote coffee was the best but is now NLA, so sad.

Seth said...

Seth does NOT burn coffee. Ok, oh yeah, I do. but only once.

Bakatari said...

.)