Big Night


There are probably three people that read this that know the significance of last night. The University of Tennessee's Men's Basketball team beat Memphis. This is not abnormal in any way. Last year they beat Memphis by nearly 20 points. But this year is different. Memphis was undefeated (26-0) and ranked #1 in the country while Tennessee was 24-2 and ranked #2 in the country. It is the 38th time a #1 team has played a #2 team during the regular season and only the 5th time those two teams are from the same state. Of the 38 previous meetings between #1 and #2, The #1 team has won 19 times and the #2 team has won 18 times (before tonight!) Now Tennessee has evened that number up. The game was incredible! it was a nail biter right down to the last second! I watched the first half with Jonathan giving me a second by second score update, put the kids in bed and watched most of the second half after bedtime stories. ESPN and SI.com had built the game up as the game of the season all week long. It lived up to the hype. If you didn't see it and you like basketball- I hope you get to see a replay of it soon. If not- oh well.

4 comments:

breaking free said...

GO VOLS!!

Kimberly said...

BLAH, BLAH - BLAH, BLAH - BLAH, BLAH!!!
I don't understand the words that are comin' out of your mouth!

Bakatari said...

Hey I have a copyright on those Blah's.
I 2nd what she said but, I did see that they won and was going to blog about it today for you. you both stole my thunder! get ready for a little lightning!

Carmom said...

It was a really good game. Matt missed the first half of it because he got caught up in his computer game. But I enjoyed it a lot.