Textually Active

I just received a text message from a female (who enjoys text with LOTS of people). My wife is ok with it. I know her husband fairly well and my wife is slightly more than an aquaintance with this couple.

Is it ok to enter a textual relationship with another that isn't your wife? I mean- I love text with my wife, don't get me wrong. We have a perfectly healthy text life right now. As a matter of fact, she EVEN brought up that I need to buy her a new device that will allow us to do it even more often. This friend is encouraging my wife to expand her textual abilities and to do it as much as possible. She caught my wife having cyber text and claimed that my wife was a cheater! There are also times that the husband of the female who enjoys text with lots of people (including me) has occassionally had text with my wife when he thought (he says) he was texting me. I believe we are pretty open textually, but I want to know what others think...

Thoughts?

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

Do you remember the other night when JA and I laughed so hard we cried and cried and cried. WOW!!!! You did it again!!!! You are amazing!!! And to think you did it twice in one night!!!

Kimberly said...

I'm dying!!! For as long as I live I don't think I will ever read a funnier post than this. It should be framed on a wall. Better yet it should be sent in to Jay Leno's staff writers or Conan O'Brian or David Letterman. Whoever could do it justice. I applaud the hilariousness of U!!!

Bakatari said...

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Bakatari said...

I think you should send it to Red Green!

Kimberly said...

My husband and I entered into a textual relationship about 9 months ago or so. He was a bit hesitant at first. Having text was very new to him. But I encouraged him the best I could, telling him how much I enjoyed having text with him and that the more he practiced text the better he would get. Now days it seem that we are always having text with each other. Sometimes it seems that our textual relationship is the only relationship we have! But I don't feel that having text with others has hurt us textually. Matter of fact, it has probably helped make us better at text. I have been known to have text with multiple people at once. Sometimes it's a bit confusing because you can forget in the moment who your text partner is! That can also lead to some embarrasing textual stories! Thankfully my text partners have always been forgiving and have laughed off my text blunders.

So I have two questions for you.

First how do you feel about familial text? And should I be worried that both my daughters keep asking when they to will be able to have text?

Bakatari said...

at least I used your name while doing the text thing with your wife.

Seth said...

Calling someone by the wrong name during text is definitly bad form! And, kim, I believe text within families is a very healthy thing. You know what seperates us from the apes?!?!? OPPOSABLE THUMBS! and what do we use opposable thumbs for? Text!

Bakatari said...

good form!

Melissa Guay said...

And here I thought this blog was rated G.

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad you two have people to have texts with. Some people have to resign to having texts with themselves. All alone with their textual device.

Kristen