Technology and the Irish

Amazement. I sit in amazement. When I started college in 1992, I was excited when I, as a freshman, learned that I could email JA in Alabama. What an amazing tool we had at our disposal. Now, I am sitting on a bus driving 65 miles per hour down the interstate posting a blog about the Irish food I ate at the airport. Seriously- in 16 years, we have come a LOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGG way. Amazing.I commented on other blogs, I looked at cnn.com, I spent the last 40 minutes looking at work email and responding to about 20 of them, and now I am blogging. Oh- another piece of amazing technology- The Ipod Nano. I told JA that it was a waste to get one of those. she knows me MUCH better than I know myself. I sat on a plane and watched the last 3 hours of the best Miniseries ever made. I don't have to tell you what it is. I KNOW you know. That's right. I watched Lonesome Dove on my Ipod while flying over the United States. Granted it is on a 1 1/2 inch screen, but I don't need a huge screen when I have about 4 1/2 inches of legroom on the flight and the large guy sitting in the seat next to me spills over onto my seat. Amazing technology. Everything (including the seats on the plane) is getting smaller and more compact.

Now- on to Dinner- just to finish out the week. There was an Irish pub in the airport next to my gate. As I was on the phone with my wife telling her how much I missed her, I kept smelling the yummy food from there. My stomach took over and I got off the phone and went and found a seat. I ate at O'Gara's Pub I had a Reuben and some sort of medium beer. It was good. The cole slaw was too wet and watery. Besides that, a good grilled Reuben with lots of sauerkraut washed down with the beer was delicious. Or as the Irish say, "Cathain a bhainfidh an traenach amach i Cill Airne?" Which translates to mean- when does this train get to Killarney.

Actually- here is your Gaelic phrase of the day:
PHRASE: Gle mhaith!
PRONOUNCED: glay moth
MEANING: Very good!

Enjoy your new- found knowledge! I am enjoying the technology and the motion sickness I am feeling from trying to type for the last hour on a moving bus.

Good Day!

4 comments:

Bakatari said...

rueben sandwiches are one of my favorite!!!!! sometimes i open a jar of sauerkraut and eat it straight out of the jar or with a little mustard on it! yum!!!

btw - what are you doing on a bus? is this like your trip to texas? hopefully you won't have to change any flat tires!!!

kimberly said...

whoopsy daisy - that was me not him!

Bakatari said...

I thought I would leave you a comment since I finally got a chance to read this. looks like my wife knew I was busy and commented for me.
good day. great post!

Anonymous said...

Keep on ωriting, greаt job!

My web site: virtual assistants austin tx