When you don't think things can get worse...

Those who don't think things can get any worse, lack imagination...

David woke up last night with a belly ache and got in our bed to keep us up... I mean, to be comforted by his parents. That's an hour of sleep I didn't get back. Then When I had a classic day at work today. It was busy and tiring. I knew that when I got home tonight JA was going to be heading out and going to a MOPS meeting. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy every moment of taking care of my passel of kids, but there are some days that I look forward to quiet. Anywho- the headache hit just before JA called me at work and told me that the the baby had diarrhea. I was SO looking forward to going home. I got home, JA gave me the high 5 as she was walking out the door and I think she looked a little too happy to leave :). I had just set down the crying baby because my stomach wasn't exactly feeling great, two of the boys were borderline fighting, I was cooking dinner and trying to find 12 seconds to go to the bathroom. That's when I thought, "Oh things are just about as bad as they could get..." Then I heard it...

"Daaaaddyyyyyy.... I pooped in my pants."

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow! That was a great story!

Amy Jo said...

The joys of parenting...it reminds me of the day I came home after a REALLY difficult and trying day at work, commuted over an hour home on a hot bus, and found Charmin had diarrhea and when she poos she walks around. It covered the entire kitchen floor and I'm not exaggerating. And since she obviously did it in the morning, it was all dried and stuck. I guess the one silver lining? She only hit the carpet once or twice, including after walking in some poo in the kitchen and then walking on the carpet. I know, not nearly as bad but still. Your story just reminded me of that day. Horrible. Oh! And I noticed Hank had chewed a corner off the (Borrowed!) coffee table. Man are they lucky they are cute dogs.

Carmom said...

Poor Seth!! That's twice you have had to deal with a child pooping in his pants as JA leaves. I hope that doesn't become a habit for you.

cbogie said...

Seth, it seems as though you have a lot of pooping/peeing incidents when YOU are in charge! Or maybe JA has impeccible timing! Props to her! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... This whole poopin' in the pants thing sounds HEREDITARY to me! ;-)

Kristen