Selfishness- a quick conversation

I was frustrated tonight because there is a lot to do and my boys don't seem to want to stay in bed. They are demanding more attention than I am willing to give them.

I prayed, "Please help me love my children the way you love yours."

Immediate conviction.

"Stop being selfish", he said
.

I complained, "I need to relax for a few minutes to feel refreshed. I need some time for me."

He said, "I am your strength. Spend time with me instead of spending it alone. Stop being selfish."

Got it.

2 comments:

John and Carrie said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing this!

cbogie said...

Seems as though I could/should be having a lot of conversations with God about my selfishness. Or more like I should listen to him about my selfishness. THanks for sharing your encounter.