Happy Birthday.. what are you, like 40?

It's my birthday week and I am celebrating by letting people make me feel old. As I made my way through the self check out lane at the local grocery store, I realized I had a couple bottles of wine and the lady that worked there would have to walk over and check my ID (yeah right). I guess I should say, I assumed she would come over and check my ID. I figured she was about my age, maybe a few years older. She came over and said, "You've probably got a few years on me." Then she scanned her card, clicked the button that indicated I looked over 40, and said, "Have a nice day, sir."

I was pretty much speechless.

Maurice has left the building.

2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Very close my friend...very close. ;)

cbogie said...

Just keep hanging out with people older than you to make you feel younger! I believe everyone you ate with this morning is older than you!

btw - what a nice surprise for Kevin this morning! And for a few more days he's 6 years older than you!!