My 35th Birthday and my Bucket List

To mark my very insignificant 35th birthday this year, I am making a bucket list. Here's the difference- It's things I've done in the last 35 years that I'm glad I did. There are a few things on here that I wish never happened, but I'm a better person because of them. You'll understand when you get to them.

1. Married my high school sweetheart
2. Been a 'daddy' to my kids
3. Fished with my son
4. Served in the Army
5. Fought in a war
6. Rappelled off very high places
7. Owned a pickup truck
8. Loved my dog
9. Moved to several states and towns I knew no one in
10. Lived in another country
11. Gave a eulogy at a funeral
12. Preached a sermon
13. Gave my coat to a homeless man
14. Comforted my child when he broke his arm
15. Lead someone in prayer to accept Christ
16. Been satisfied with my job
17. Quit a job to take a risk
18. Picked up a hitch hiker
19. Drove all night to see my wife
20. Sat on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial
21. Cried at an Army friend's memorial service
22. Watched Tennessee beat Alabama in football
23. Watched Tennessee win a National Championship in football (#22 and #23 may not happen for the next 35 years!)
24. Flown in a single engine plane
25. Drove the road to Hana
26. Missed a plane and (nearly) ran out of money on my honeymoon
27. Been broke and needed help
28. Watched the sunrise from a mountain top
29. Watched eagles soar
30. Been lost in the mountains and walked out
31. Lived in a small town
32. Said "I love you" to someone before they died
33. Hit the shot to win the game
34. Won the tournament
35. Wiped the tears away from my children's eyes

I would have written about 35 things I really want to do before I die, but I can't think of a single one. I'm a happy guy.

5 comments:

John and Carrie said...

Awesome list for an awesome guy! Happy Birthday!

cbogie said...

Thanks for sharing the list! You're right - there's a lot of good stuff there. Have a great birthday!!

Kimberly said...

great list!!! happy birthday!!!

stephanie morton said...

God has truly blessed your family Seth. Have a great birthday today. :)

Amy Jo said...

I cannot believe you didn't say---"Met Amy Jo" :) You are awesome. Happy Birthday old man. :) I'm sorry things didn't go as well as I or you had hoped! And Happy Memorial Day. Thanks for everything you did for our country.